Thursday, August 12, 2010

Quiet Day At Home

It has been just a tad hot this week (heat index well over 100). So we have been having fun doing school and hanging out in the AC today.

Asher laying on the school room floor reading about droughts (he is studying different types of weather this week)

When I plan school for the coming week I keep track of the topics we will be studying in history and science. I take my list of topics to the library and gather books. We normally collect about 80 books each week. Not all of these books pertain to our studies. Some are books the kids found and threw in my bag. Others are literature books that I want the kids to read or for me (or Aaron) to read to them.

Joshua working on his electricity science experiment. After completing his work he tutored little brother in how to light a light bulb using a dry cell, light bulb and aluminum foil. They then tried out a bunch of scenarios of their own.

No comments: