I hosted a Cookies & Milk baby shower this past weekend. This theme was new to me but when I found it online I was excited to see how it would turn out. I decided I wanted to have a personalized invitation; rather than one that was fill in the blanks. I researched Etsy and ended up making my own.
I found the perfect cookie jars. I searched and found some scrapbook paper and ribbon that matched the color scheme (pale green and chocolate brown) to decorate them.
Each cookie jar was labeled with a certain kind of cookie.

The milk jars were also labeled with the different kinds of milk.

I found the cutest bucket to hold ice and the milk jars during the shower. I added a brown ribbon bow to each handle to make it extra adorable. To spruce up the chocolate brown cups I added the word "Yummy" in cursive print; I also added a chocolate chip cookie picture to the plain white plates.

Decorating the house was going to take a lot of brainstorming and trial and error. Twelve years ago I gave a baby shower for my niece and at the time I used tulle. I dug all that tulle out of a box and used it to decorate the main party area.
I used the poms to decorate the foyer as well.


The table cloth is made from 2 yards of fabric (pale green with chocolate brown dots). I just cut it into an even rectangle and hemmed the edges.

I think it turned out well! I hope all these instructions will help anyone who wants to throw a cookie and milk party :)

4 comments:
This turned out so cute, Amy. I appreciate the way God has gifted you to do things like this, and I know the mother-to-be was blessed!
Oh, wow!!! You get the hostess of the year award. Everything was so cute!!!!!
What a beautiful baby shower! You left no detail to spare. Everything just looks amazing! I love your milk and cookies theme and all of your jars and labels. It's just gorgeous! Thanks for posting the pom pom how-to video. I've always wondered how to make them.
It was a lot of fun putting this together. Now that it's over, it feels weird to have all this free time on my hands :)
Post a Comment