Friday, July 30, 2010

A New Challenge !

I remember when I was training for my first 5K. I was so nervous to run an entire 3.1 miles without stopping. That thought was just crazy. After accomplishing that goal I set a new one, my first triathlon. After completing the Evergreen Triathlon I decided that I wanted to rank in the top 5 for my age group. The next summer I came in at #6. Just shy of my goal. Two weeks ago I achieved my goal and ranked #4 in my age group :)

So it is time to set a new goal. I have mentioned this next move into insanity and extreme physical training to some people. But I am now prepared to really commit and say out loud my next goal. On September 26th I will be one of the many crazy people running in the Quad City 1/2 marathon !

I just finished week 3 of my 1/2 marathon training. I made myself get out of bed before 5 am and hit the pavement. I was able to get in 10 miles before Aaron headed to work at 7 am. Training for a triathlon is a cake walk compared to this. I finished 10 miles and I was sweaty and my legs hurt with every step. But the important thing would be the first two words of that last sentence..I finished :)

4 comments:

leah said...

Go for it! I know you can do it.

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me, as usual. I'm super nervous about my first 5K and I hope I can just finish. Then maybe, God willing, more adventures to come after that.

You can do it! You're amazing!

Joshua said...

You will do awesome on your 5K! I have been watching your milege on Facebook, you will be ready :) I gotta say that you inspire me. Your enthusiasm and drive are contagious!

Jan said...

Amy, you are so amazing! I love that you continue to challenge yourself, that you have such a great support group (and surround yourself by them) and that you always strive to do better. You will do amazing! Keep that motivation! You're doing great!