For 8 years I conducted school out of a crate at the kitchen table. When we started thinking about moving a school room was on the list of what we "really, really, really want". I am thankful to have an entire room dedicated to educating our children. I no longer need to lug around big crates :) Although I must add here that location is really irrelevant when it comes to educating our children. They would learn better in an open field than in a school room. It would seem to me that instead of building all these new schools the government should hire more (and dare I say better) teachers. (alright, I am jumping down from my soapbox...)
I have been slowly setting up our school room. I recently found a great world map for the wall and Aaron put up a white board. In the past I looked into getting a white board but was put off by the high price. Aaron was talking to another homeschool dad and discovered an inexpensive solution. He purchased a piece of white paneling from Lowe's and attached it to the wall. We rubbed on some turlte wax and it was ready to go. It works great! And it cost us about 12 dollars :)
1 comment:
I love your new school room. It looks great and I particularly love the bears on the piano keys in the next post! I just received my curriculum in the mail and we will be starting in a month. Thanks for the inspiration! Peace and goodness.
Post a Comment