We are extremely happy to have our children home. There are so many "things" that our children will not need to face this year. The anxiety and need to be accepted are not present at their school. They don't need to wear the newest clothes or say exactly the right thing to be part of the "in" crowd. There is only one crowd here. They will not be distracted by 25 other students. They won't need to compete with a large crowd for the attention of one teacher. Every minute of the day they will know that they are loved by those around them.
But then we homeschool moms think of those moms who send their kids to school. They now have the entire day to themselves. What is that like? I think for me it would be days filled with worry, anxiety, and a lot of prayer. Though it would be nice to have hours to do as I please, I gladly give that up for the assurance that my children are getting a great education in a safe and loving environment. It is my job to care and guide them through these early years. No teacher in a class of 25 students can do that better than I can.
Ann Voskamp has a great homeschooling post today. Enjoy it and remember what's important.
1 comment:
Thanks for the heads up on Ann Voskamp's post. It stirred some ideas within me as we near the launch of our school year. Do you think Thomas would like a world map for his birthday? I do.
Post a Comment