Sunday, October 9, 2011

Orphan 5K Results


Aaron ran his very first 5K on Saturday. This was also the very first time we have ever run together. With three kids to raise we take turns working out. I had no idea how fast he ran 3 miles; only that he could do it without walking.

We chose to run the "5K for the Fold" because it supports a local organization that helps orphans. As you all know, Aaron and I have a huge heart for orphans; and we desire to follow the Lords command to care for them in any way we can.

I was so excited to run with Aaron! I assumed that since he had just started running he would be a lot slower than me. That was irrelevant to me because I was running with him regardless of pace; I would have walked the whole time if he wanted. Time alone with my husband is priceless!

Anyway, back to the race details. When the race started Aaron took off. I was wearing my Garmin and our pace was 8 for the first 1.6 miles! I was shocked! We ended up finishing the race at 29 minutes and some seconds. That is awesome!!! The best part- Aaron wants to do another 5K! WooHoo!

No comments: