A salad with cheddar cheese and egg and a pepperoni pizza. This entire meal contains 5 grams of sugar and 2 servings of carbs (the salad is 1 g sugar/0 serv. carbs, the pizza is 4 g sugar/2 serv. carbs). It is really yummy!
The pizza crust is a whole wheat pita. Simply stick it in the oven for a few minutes to get it a little toasted. Then add a little ragu pizza sauce, some cheese, and pepperoni. Pop it back in the oven until it looks good. The kids love these little pizzas!
I have found some good substitutes for sweets. I want to lessen my desire for treats. So I do not indulge in these very often.
I have not tried the Dove sugar free chocolates yet. But my kids have and they LOVE them.
One treat I have made for myself is a mixture of the sesame sticks and sugar free chocolate chips. I liked this treat before I had to give up sugar. It tastes just as good with the sugar free chocolate chips.
One serving of sesame sticks (1/3 cup) mixed with 2 tablespoons of sugar free chocolate chips = 0 grams of sugar/ 2 servings of carbs. Because it takes up two servings of carbs, it isn't something to eat everyday. As much as possible we need those servings to be veggies and whole grains.
2 comments:
Your lunch sounds and looks AMAZING! Who knew a homemade pizza could be so low in sugar and carbs. What a great idea!!! Even better that the kids love it!
I have had a package of pita bread in the freezer since July, because I didn't know what to do with it. Pizza is such a great idea!!!
Post a Comment