Growing up I had few if any expectations. I knew times were hard for my family. We had little to celebrate on most days. Simply making it through the day was enough. School was not at all important to a little girl who lived well below the poverty line. Things like food and safety were weighing on my mind.
I look back on those times and wish I could whisper in that little girls ear "just wait, your time is coming". I had no idea what dreaming was when I was young. In fact it wasn't until my senior year in high school that I started thinking past today. I remember that moment perfectly. Riding in Aaron's Honda he asked me what I wanted to "be". I was a little taken back. My response..a teacher.
So as I start another school day I will endeavor to teach my children not only math and grammar, but the joy of dreaming.
2 comments:
What a beautiful post! Thank you so much for sharing. I love learning more about you.
Beautiful. I know you are a fantastic mother and wife. Still hard to believe that we are not in high school and studying for quiz team. Hope your day is a peaceful one.
Post a Comment