This years time 1:09:25
Last years time 1:10:11
But it was only by 46 seconds. The heat and hills made for a very tough race.
I started getting cold chills and had to stop at mile 5 and walk about 2 minutes or so. I hated to do it, but my life is far more important than a finishing time. It was pretty frightening to run by the medics helping a teenage girl and see a big strong man stagger on the side of the road while his daughter tried to hold him up. Those images will put things in the correct perspective real fast.
I am glad to be home relaxing with my family and I look forward to another Bix next year :)
(thanks Jan for sending me this picture it is just perfect)
2 comments:
Congratulations! You still beat your time from last year and you DID do what's most important...take care of yourself. I know your family appreciates that. :)
Thanks Jan!! I was honestly pretty close to needing a medic. That is why I stopped and walked. I kept seeing little girls on the side lines cheering us on and thinking my daughter needs me to be safe. She doesn't care about my time.
Post a Comment