
We also took a trip to the St. Louis Zoo. They have an exhibit that allows you to touch and feed sting rays! The kids LOVED getting up close and personal with these awesome animals.

Elliana and I spent some girl time at the hair salon :) She got her very first hair cut (just a trim) and I got a trim too... :) 

On the days that we were not out of town we headed to Lake Evergreen. We ended up spending three days on the Lake. We rented canoes, a paddle boat and a motor boat (through out the three days). We LOVE being adventurous and getting out into nature. We even saw a bald eagle :)





We ended our week with an overnight trip to the Quad Cities. We were able to visit my mom and Aaron's grandparents. It was so sweet to see the way Elliana talked and acted around her Grandma's. She could tell that these ladies were something special :) I remember being the same way around my grandma's :) During our stay in the Quad Cities I ran the Bix (a 7 mile run up many hills..it was awesome!) and we visited with some wonderful friends that we don't get to see very often. Jared and Beth are amazing people that inspire me to be a better parent. I love visiting with them :) We were so busy having fun we didn't take any pictures of our time up north.
3 comments:
It looks like a great time was had by all! Isn't it great that there is so much to do within a day's drive?
I love your hair and the picture of Elliana after her salon visit. Rachel just got her hair cut, too. Wait til you see it!
It was such a wonderful day to have you and your beautiful family with us. I will say it again, wish we all lived a bit closer. Sigh. Peace and blessings to you as you begin a new week.
Leah- I can't wait to see her "Kit" hair cut :)
Beth- I too wish we lived closer. Your kids are awesome. I am implementing "may I have... please" with my kids. And Aaron told Asher not to eat his food last night :)
Post a Comment