Saturday, July 4, 2009

Homeschool Orginization!

I have been working nonstop the last week or so organizing school for the coming year. I still have one more shipment of books and supplies coming but everything I have is prepared and ready to go :)

I thought I would let you see how our school is set up and organized. After receiving my shipment from Sonlight I spent hours organizing our school books. They are all stacked in the order in which they will be used this year. I have also set up my instruction manuals for the year. This is the cabinet that holds all of our school materials. It might look messy but it is actually VERY organized.
On top of our homeschool cabinet I have several storage bins. One for math, science (supplies), and Artistic Pursuits.
During the school year I keep all the books I need everyday (answer keys, spelling, workbooks..) in this crate.
To the left you will see my little storage bin. This is where I keep all the supplies that I need (pens, rubber bands, index cards..). The kids are not allowed to get anything out of this bin without permission (reason- I keep small items that could be choking hazards to Elliana in this storage bin).
To the right of the crate you will see a storage container that belongs to one of the boys. I keep everything they might need in this container (several sharpened pencils, crayons, ruler). Each container will contain items geared toward that students grade level.
In front you will see a pile of dice (10, 12 and 30 sided). These are so awesome. I found them at our local school shop and plan to use them to practice math. Joshua will roll two dice and then perform a math operation (add, subtract or multiply the numbers). It is going to make practicing math fun!

I still have a lot of preparations to finish before we start school in early August. It is going to be a very busy and very fun year!

No comments: