Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cows, Turkeys and Pakistan

One of our goals in homeschooling is to help our kids have a world view. We want them to know that the world is much larger then their backyard. Both boys spend time studying our globe each day. Each week Joshua is given a a list of about 20 locations he must locate. We also use the book entitled Window on the World to help us learn about different cultures (really cool book!).

So why was I surprised when Joshua told me that he was going to pretend that he was in Pakistan. And in that country people wear things on their heads to keep them cool. After I did my best to cover his head properly, he informed me that it really did help keep him cool. Here is a picture of my little Pakistani boy :)

I have mentioned in earlier posts that Joshua spends the first hour of school reading. I couldn't resist taking a picture of my little bookworm.

Yesterday was so beautiful! I took the kids to a local dairy farm to see the cows and pet turkey :) Elliana was not at all timid. She wanted to be first in line for everything. She jumped right in and touched a cow, a turkey and fed a llama. This girl has no fear...kind of like her mama :)

It was very windy..(check out Elliana's hair!)

1 comment:

Beth said...

That hair's awesome!