I had a great morning at the pool! :) I was able to swim 26 laps, non-stop (2600 meters). That means I just tagged the wall and kept on going. I stopped at 26 due to time constraints.
This shows me that I am getting the upper body strength and endurance that I have been working on for the last few weeks. It is so challenging to physically feel the difference between the three sports. The endurance I have for biking really does not cross over to swimming. And running endurance is nothing like swimming or biking. I guess that is why I love it! It is great to see progress :)
My triathlon season will start next April in Sullivan, Illinois. The distances are: 1/4 mile swim, 13.4 mile bike, 3.1 mile run. The swim portion of this triathlon is indoors. This will be so much nicer than swimming in a cold lake (which will occur in the triathlon in July).
My second triathlon will be the Evergreen triathlon in Central Illinois (July). The distances for this triathlon are: 500 meter swim, 24.9 mile bike, 3.1 mile run. My plan right now is to complete two triathlons next year :)
And in response to Molly’s post about me being too healthy, you obviously have not eaten those granola bars. They are DELICIOUSE! Just because it has healthy stuff in it doesn’t mean it tastes bad. Try it!! You will become a granola addict!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment