Friday, February 3, 2012

Battle Ropes

If you watch the Biggest Loser you have seen battle ropes. Because of my insane personality, I watch the show and drool over all the cool equipment and exercises. I so want to be a contestant. They get to work out 10 hours a day! How awesome is that :)

Anyway, back to battle ropes. I was lucky enough to stumble upon two storage boxes at my gym that contained two different battle ropes (one thicker than the other). I was so happy that my heart really did beat faster and I may have done a little happy dance right there on the spot.

I pulled them out, which is a workout, and set them up. In about 5 minutes my arms were wasted! It is such an awesome workout! You can even use them in a lunge or squat position to add some lower body work. If you're a member at my gym, check out the boxing room and try them out (wrap the rope around the white pole near the punching bags). I promise you will be clutching your legs, gasping for breadth, and your arms will kill in no time!! :)
This website has a really good video with tons of different battle rope exercises (2nd video).

No comments: