

I just love Asher's smile. He puts his whole body into it!
Joshua and Asher both picked out Nascar ornaments this year. This is Joshua with his"24" ornament. (Aaron and his mini me!)The boys are doing great in school. Everyday Joshua reads from his bible (a section chosen by Sonlight). The cool thing is he doesn’t want to just read those verses. He wants keep going. So each morning he does his required bible reading and then spends time just reading the bible. How awesome is that! I have to say it again; I know I am a broken record but I LOVE homeschooling.
Asher is such a great writer and reader. He is learning about insects this week and is anxiously awaiting the arrival of his ants (for his ant farm).
Elliana is just growing up so fast. I can’t believe that she is running around and talking. Wasn’t I just on bed rest with this little one? She says new words almost everyday. My favorite is of course “mommy”. But I also love it when she says “Yeah!” Joshua told me yesterday that she is the second mommy of the house. He is so right and I just adore that about her. She loves to cook and clean with me. And I have even seen her chasing the boys with diapers in an attempt to change their pants. She is awesome. Here are some pictures of my mini me..
When I vacuum Elliana gets her vacuum out and helps.
Putting grapes in a measuring cup. She is silly but so cute!
I have an awesome recipe to share. All three of my beauties love homemade waffles. So I came up with an extra healthy version. And in my fight against high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors and colors and last but not least preservatives, these fit the bill perfectly! They are Whole Wheat Waffles! I add in mashed bananas or homemade applesauce and my kids go crazy for them (seriously they ask for them ALL the time).
So here is my homemade waffle recipe with homemade applesauce or bananas…
Whole Wheat Waffles
Ingredients:
2 Cups Whole Wheat flour
½ Teaspoon salt
4 Teaspoons baking powder
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Eggs
1 ½ Cups warm milk
1/3 Cup butter, melted
2 Teaspoons vanilla
three mashed bananas or about 1 ½ cups homemade applesauce
Mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. In a separate bowl combine eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture, mix well. Add fruit and mix well. Ladle the batter into preheated waffle iron. Cook until golden and crisp. (about three minutes) Note: You can freeze them in Ziploc freezer bags, just pop them in the toaster and they are ready to eat (just like Eggo’s, only healthier!!).
I am off to start the school day at the “Nelson School for Gifted Youngsters”…..
1 comment:
So fun to read how you and your little ones are having fun! We love to make homemade waffles so I'll look forward to trying your recipe.
Post a Comment